COVID-19 resources for parents and children
Children, just like adults play an important role in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Use these resources to help your child understand what's going on and how they can help.
On this page
Activities for children
Use these activities to teach your child about what they can do to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Hand washing heroes (video)
- Colour and learn (colouring pages)
- Coughing and sneezing hygiene for kids (video)
- Kids, here's what you need to know about COVID-19
We also have COVID-19 resources for youth and students.
Other educational topics
Use these resources to teach your child about other topics while they're at home:
Information for parents
Find resources with advice for parents.
Parenting during COVID-19
Provincial, territorial and community-based resources
Your family's mental health
COVID-19 can be difficult for children to understand, especially if they know someone who's sick. Pay close attention to how your child is feeling. You can support your child's mental health by:
- listening to their concerns, then:
- acknowledging and validating their thoughts and feelings
- correcting misinformation
- limiting how often they watch or hear the news, if appropriate
- working together to create a consistent but flexible daily routine
- explaining health and safety measures and how they're keeping us safe
You and your child can stay connected with family, friends and neighbours through:
- phone calls
- video chats
- social media platforms
For more information on how to help your child:
- School Mental Health Ontario: mental health activities for children
- UNICEF: tips for supporting your child though the COVID-19 pandemic
You're not alone. Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed. You may benefit from talking to someone about your feelings and concerns.
For Indigenous peoples
Hope for Wellness Helpline offers mental health counselling and crisis intervention for Indigenous peoples across Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: