- If you have a disability and you require testing accommodations, be sure to notify those in charge of the test administration well in advance of the testing date so that they can take the necessary steps to determine the appropriate accommodations.
- Bring one piece of signature identification with photo and your Personal Record Identifier (PRI), if you are a public servant. This number will be recorded on your answer sheet.
- Arrive in plenty of time before the test. You will NOT be allowed into the room once the test has begun.
- Budget your time, work quickly, and use all the time available. Don't spend unnecessary time on a question that you find too difficult. Leave it and return to it if you have time at the end.
- Answer all questions. Read the whole question. Eliminate answers that you know are wrong. By reducing the number of choices, you increase your chance of selecting the correct answer. Guess if you are not sure of the correct answer. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
- Can you study for the test? No specialized training, knowledge or experience is required for the SJT-318. However, reviewing the sample questions will help to give you an idea of the format of the questions.
- Privacy Notice Statementt “The information pertaining to your results on this particular test will be disclosed to the requesting department or organization for staffing related matters. The personal information you provide in Part 2 of the Answer Sheet is voluntary and will be used by the Public Service Commission only, for statistical purposes and to do analysis and research in the areas of test development. All information is collected under the authority of the Public Service Employment Act and is protected under the Privacy Act. For more information, see Info Source (Personal Information Bank numbers PSC-PPU-025/030/035)”.
SJT-318 Sample Situations and Questions