Tax help for income tax service providers
Helping you with your tax questions
If you are a small or medium income tax service provider you can get free help with your income tax questions over the telephone. The Dedicated Telephone Service (DTS) is available across Canada for the 2018 filing season.
The service is designed to help answer your questions on the interpretation of the Income Tax Act. A DTS officer will guide you through the CRA guidance and technical information relevant to your questions about the Act.
After sending you the relevant information, these officers are also available to discuss the guidance with you. You will generally receive a response to your questions within three business days.
Need help with individual taxpayer accounts?
- The DTS is focused on helping you navigate interpretations of the Income Tax Act and is not meant to replace the already comprehensive services available to deal with such issues as individual taxpayer accounts.
- For questions regarding individual taxpayer accounts, call the Individual and families enquiries or the Business and Self-Employed Individuals Enquiries lines or send your question through the Represent a Client service.
- For questions regarding the GST/HST, call 1-800-959-8287.
- For information on how to obtain an advance income tax ruling or technical interpretation, see Income tax rulings and interpretations.
Did you know?
- DTS users are reporting a 98% satisfaction rate with the service.
- The service is open to both Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs) and non-CPAs, including bookkeepers, lawyers, and notaries.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: