Payment on Filing
Payment on Filing will take effect as of January 2020 for the 2019 reporting year.
What is PoF?
This new policy will allow eligible employers to remit a reconciliation payment by the last day of February without being subject to a penalty or interest. This policy has a new eligibility criteria and new remittance voucher.
Employers are eligible to use PoF if they meet all 3 of the following requirements:
- If the reconciliation payment is less than 1% of their total annual remittances.
- They have perfect payroll compliance:
- No late or outstanding remittances;
- No assessments in the year they are filing; and
- All T4 information filed on or before the due date.
- They must have one or more of the following circumstances:
- Have employees who are paid stock-based salaries or wages.
- 3rd party information they rely on for insurance, health benefits, broker information, taxable benefits and/or automobile fleet mileage.
- Employees who live in other tax jurisdictions.
Submit a PoF reconciliation payment
You can make your payments through the following methods:
- My Business Account (MyBA): Use pre-authorized debit and select “Payment on Filing”.
- My Payment: Select “Payment on Filing”.
- By cheque: Attach a cheque to your T4 summary and mail it to us. The CRA will honor the date the mail is received by CRA and not the postmarked date by Canada Post.
- Pay at a financial institution or Canada Post outlet: Contact the Business Enquiries at 1-800-959-5525 to request a PD7R. Please note that the PD7R will take 7-10 days to arrive by mail.
Locate your compliance history
You can locate your compliance history from one or all of the options below:
- MyBA: View your account balance and activities.
- Form PD7A, Statement of Account for Current Source Deductions for regular and quarterly remitters: View your account summary.
- Form PD7A(TM), Statement of Account for Current Source Deductions for accelerated remitters: View your account summary.
- Contact the Business Enquiries line: Request a full statement of account by mail (7-10 business days).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: