You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers

Do you have questions for us? Here are answers to the top questions we’re asked at tax time. Many of the things you ask about can be solved quickly if you have My Account. Register using the steps below.

Top questions

How do I register for My Account?

To register for My Account, go to and select “CRA register.”

You will need to provide:

  • your social insurance number;
  • your date of birth;
  • your current postal or ZIP code; and
  • an amount you entered on your income tax and benefit return (the amount requested changes and it could be from either the current tax year or the previous one).

How do I change my address?

With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can change your address online with My Account. It’s fast, easy, and secure.

You can also call us at 1-800-959-8281, mail or fax a completed Form RC325, Address Change Request, or send a signed letter to your tax centre. Your letter must include your social insurance number, your new address, and your moving date

Where do I get my tax slips?

Tax slips for the filing year are prepared by your employer or from other payers, such as your pension providers or financial institutions. If you’ve lost a slip or haven’t received one yet, be sure to ask your employer/payer for another one.

Registering for My Account may give you access to copies of your tax slips online.

If you’re still missing some information, you can use pay stubs and statements to estimate the amount of income to use when completing your tax return. File your return by the due date to avoid penalties and interest.

If you’re looking for slips from previous years, you can get them through My Account or by calling us at 1-800-959-8281.

What is my balance owing or where is my refund?

You can easily find your balance owing or refund amount by logging into My Account or the MyCRA mobile web app.

If you have a refund, you will also find the refund method, the date it was sent, and the amount refunded.

If you have questions about your refund, you can call the Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) at 1‑800-267-6999.

How can I get a copy of my notice of assessment (NOA) or reassessment?

You can get a copy quickly and easily through My Account. If you’re registered, you’ll be able to view and print information about an assessment or reassessment of your income tax and benefit return for the current year, as well as the previous eleven years.

You’ll also be able to receive an Express NOA directly in your tax-filing software. It will be sent immediately after your return has been received and processed by the CRA. To use the Express NOA service, you must sign up for My Account.

You can choose to receive your tax correspondence online through My Account’s email notifications service. Register through My Account by selecting “Notification preferences” or by entering your email address on your tax return. When you register for the service, you will receive an email when your notice of assessment or reassessment, and other CRA correspondence, is available to view online.

How do I register for direct deposit?

You can register for direct deposit the following ways:

  • Online with My Account or the MyCRA app;
  • Through your bank if you’re a Desjardins or TD customer;
  • By calling us at 1-800-959-8281, or
  • By filling out the Direct Deposit Enrolment Form and mailing it to the address on the form.


For general inquiries:
Canada Revenue Agency

For reporters:
Media Relations

- 30 -

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: