How to get information about a charity

There are different ways to get information about a charity. You can:

To get information about registered Canadian amateur athletic associations and other qualified donees, go to List of charities and other qualified donees.

Contact the charity

If you have questions about a charity, contact them directly. They are in the best position to give you information.

Search for a charity in the List of charities

Use the List of charities to find out if a charity is registered, revoked, annulled, suspended, or penalized. You can also find a charity’s contact information, general activities, and financial information from the T3010 Registered Charity Information Returns filed for its last five fiscal period-ends. 

To request T3010 data that is older than five years, or T3010 data for multiple charities, use the form to request publicly available data.

Any public information from the T3010 can be provided in comma separated values or in a spreadsheet. You can restrict your request to specific data, such as certain lines or sections of the T3010, or charities by geographical location, designation, or category. 

Make an informal information request

To make an informal information request for a charity’s documents, use the form Request for registered charity information. Please note that these requests are processed on a first come, first served basis. As a result, processing times can vary.

If you are a member of the media, contact a media relations representative. We are committed to processing your request as quickly as possible. Please note that most requests require at least six business days to complete.

Informal information requests:

The CRA can give you:

The CRA cannot give you:

Make a formal access to information request

Formal requests:

To make a formal access to information request, go to How to access information at the CRA.

For more information, go to Access to information and privacy at the Canada Revenue Agency.

Related services and information

Page details

Date modified: