What to do if the CRA reviews your benefits : CRA and COVID-19
To confirm that the CRA has the most up-to-date information for you, we may send you a questionnaire or a letter asking for documents. This is to make sure that you get the right amount of benefits and credits.
It's important that you reply and provide all the information requested by the CRA. If you don’t reply, your child and family benefits may stop.
If you are having any of the following problems, call the telephone number below or the number provided on your letter:
- need a copy of the questionnaire or letter
- are having trouble getting the documents that we requested
- need more time to get your documents
- Telephone number
Contact information Day Hours Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm (local time) Saturday and Sunday Closed
Closed on public holidays
Submit your documents
You or your authorized representative can send your documents in one of 3 ways:
- electronically, using Submit documents online
- by fax, to the number provided in the letter
- by mail, to the address provided in the letter
Send documents that:
- are clear and easy to read
- give the information the CRA asked for
- cover the entire period under review
- are acceptable supporting documents by the CRA
We review information such as marital status, primary care of children and residency.
Remember to keep a copy of any receipts, forms and documents before you submit them to the CRA.
After you have submitted your documents
Once you submit your documents:
- You should hear from CRA no later than 45 day after the documents have been received
- You can still submit new documentation to support your claim
It is important to make sure you are getting the right amount of benefits and credits, so keep your information up to date with us.
Report someone falsely claiming tax benefits or credits
Falsely claiming tax benefits or credits is costly for all Canadians. If you suspect someone is receiving benefits and credits that they should not be getting, you can let the CRA know.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: