Farming Income and the AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Guide – Before you start

On this page…

Before you start

This guide will help you complete your forms to participate in the AgriStability and AgriInvest programs.

Review this guide to make sure you fill out your forms correctly. Providing correct information on your forms helps us calculate your benefits accurately and prevents delays.

Don't forget to include your participant identification number (PIN) on your form. A missing PIN is one of the top reasons for processing delays.

This guide gives you general information. For complete program rules, see the AgriStability: Canadian Agricultural Partnership – Program Guidelines and Canadian Agricultural Partnership – AgriInvest Program Guidelines.

Find out if this guide is for you

Use this guide and forms if all of the following applies to you. You:

Do not use this guide and forms if you:

AgriStability and AgriInvest contact information

For AgriStability:

AgriStability is delivered provincially in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Prince Edward Island. If you have questions about your participation in AgriStability or want to request copies of the forms and guides, contact your provincial Administration at one of the numbers listed below.

For Alberta, contact:

Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
5718-56th Avenue
Lacombe AB  T4L 1B1
Toll-free telephone: 1-877-899-2372
Fax: 403-782-8348
Toll-free fax: 1-855-700-2372
Website: Agriculture Financial Services Corporation

For Saskatchewan, contact:

Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC)
PO Box 3000
484 Prince William Drive
Melville SK  S0A 2P0
Toll-free telephone: 1-866-270-8450
Toll-free fax: 1-888-728-0440
Website: Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC)

For Ontario, contact:

1 Stone Road West
Box 3660, Stn. Central
Guelph ON  N1H 8M4
Toll-free telephone: 1-888-247-4999
Fax: 519-826-4334
Website: Agricorp

For Prince Edward Island, contact:

AgriStability Administration
Agricultural Insurance Corporation
PO Box 400
7 Gerald MacCarville Drive
Kensington PE  C0B 1M0
Toll-free telephone: 1-855-251-9695
Fax: 902-836-8912
Website: Government of Prince Edward Island

For Quebec, contact:

La Financière agricole du Québec
Toll-free telephone: 1-800-749-3646
Website: La Financière agricole du Québec

For AgriInvest:

AgriInvest is delivered by the federal Administration in all provinces (except Quebec). If you have questions about your participation in the AgriInvest program, contact the federal Administration at the address listed below.

Program Administration
PO Box 3200
Winnipeg MB  R3C 5R7
Toll-free telephone: 1-866-367-8506
Calling from outside of Canada: 204-926-9650
TTY: 613-773-2600

You can access the AgriInvest program website at AgriInvest.

Forms and publications

Use the following forms with this guide:

Throughout the guide, we refer to other forms and publications. If you need any of these, go to Forms and publications.

Where to mail your forms and return

Send the following to the Winnipeg Tax Centre:

Mailing address:

Canada Revenue Agency
Winnipeg Tax Centre
PO Box 14001, Station Main
Winnipeg MB  R3C 3M3

The Winnipeg Tax Centre is the only tax centre that processes these forms.

Send correspondence intended for the AgriStability program or the completed supplemental AgriStability program form to your provincial Administration at one of the addresses at AgriStability and AgriInvest contact information.

Complete Form RC322, AgriInvest Adjustment Request, to send correspondence intended for the AgriInvest program to the federal AgriInvest Administration.

If you need more information

If you have questions about your participation in AgriStability, contact:

If you have questions about your participation in AgriInvest, contact:

If you have questions about reporting your farm income for tax purposes, contact:

This guide explains the most common tax situations.

What's new for 2022

New codes for AgriStability and AgriInvest

New codes have been added to Program Payment List A. Make sure you use the correct codes to report your entries on your forms. Using the correct codes helps us calculate your benefits accurately and prevents processing delays.

For more information on reporting program payments, see Income from program payments and Program payment list A.

Government assistance programs for the self-employed

You may have received federal, provincial, or territorial government program assistance that was provided for self-employed individuals, businesses, farmers, or fishers. You are responsible for reporting the amount of assistance received when you file your income tax return.

Government assistance income is taxable and will either be included in business, farming or fishing income or, if you elect, will reduce your business, farming or fishing expenses. You may also have received a government loan. The loan itself is not taxable. However, any part of the loan that is forgivable is taxable in the year in which the loan is received.

Automobile deduction limits

For zero-emission passenger vehicles (new and used) acquired on or after January 1, 2022, the prescribed amount is increased from $55,000 to $59,000, before tax.

For passenger vehicles (new and used) acquired on or after January 1, 2022, the prescribed amount is increased from $30,000 to $34,000, before tax.

Automobile deductible leasing costs increased from $800 to $900 per month, before tax, for new leases entered into after 2021.

Capital cost allowance for clean energy equipment

Capital cost allowance (CCA) Classes 43.1 and 43.2 now include air-source heat pumps primarily used for space and water heating. This applies to property that is acquired after April 6, 2022, and that has not been used or acquired for use before April 7, 2022.

For more information, see Class 43.1 (30%) and Class 43.2 (50%) – Clean energy equipment.

Air quality improvement tax credit

If you have incurred expenses related to ventilation or air quality, you may be eligible to claim the air quality improvement tax credit (AQITC). The AQITC is a refundable tax credit equal to 25% of your total ventilation expenses incurred from September 1, 2021, to December 31, 2022, to improve ventilation or air quality at your place of business, up to a maximum of $10,000 per location and $50,000 in total.

To claim the AQITC, fill in new Form T2039, Air Quality Improvement Tax Credit. For more information, see Air quality improvement tax credit.

Critical mineral exploration tax credit

The critical mineral exploration tax credit (CMETC) is a new 30% investment tax credit for the exploration of specified minerals. Eligible expenditures renounced under eligible flow-through share agreements that are entered into after April 7, 2022, and before April 1, 2027, will benefit from either the CMETC or the mineral exploration tax credit. For more information, see Critical mineral exploration tax credit.

Immediate expensing

The Government of Canada introduced a temporary immediate expensing incentive for certain property that an eligible person or partnership acquires. This incentive provides an immediate deduction of the cost of designated immediate expensing property, up to a maximum of $1.5 million. This incentive applies to eligible property acquired after December 31, 2021, and that becomes available for use before 2025. For more information, see Immediate expensing incentive.

Page details

Date modified: