"Simple File: Let us help you get your benefits!" Credit and benefit short return
You may be able to file your taxes using our “Simple File: Let us help you get your benefits!” Credit and benefit short return form.
You can find out if this option is available to you by contacting your local friendship centre, community representative, band council office or a Northern Service Centre (if they don't have any forms on hand, they can order them for you).
NOTE: This form is not available to download.
You can use the “Simple File: Let us help you get your benefits!” Credit and benefit short return if all the following apply:
- you meet the eligibility criteria listed on the form
- you were a resident of Canada throughout 2022
- you were not bankrupt at any time in 2022
- you did not receive any Canada workers benefit advance payments in 2022
- your taxable income for 2022, if any, was $14,398 or less ($22,296 or less if you were 65 years of age or older)
- you did not make any repayments of universal child care benefit payments in 2022
- you did not make any repayments of COVID-19 benefits in 2022 for an overpayment of COVID-19 benefits received in 2020 or 2021
- you are not filing this short return for a deceased person
Residents of Quebec who qualify to use these forms will still need to file their Quebec tax return with Revenu Québec. In Quebec, the CRA and Revenu Québec work together to deliver the Federal and Provincial Individual tax filing assistance initiative. For information on filing a Quebec provincial tax return, contact Revenu Québec.
Free virtual tax clinics
If you would prefer to do your taxes with some support, you can look for a free virtual tax clinics hosted by a community organization near you. These free clinics are available for individuals with a modest income and a simple tax situation. Volunteers may be able to do your taxes for free, by videoconference, by phone, or through a document drop-off arrangement.
These virtual clinics will help you with your taxes while following physical distancing guidelines.
More ways to do your taxes
If you would like to do your taxes yourself. Visit Ways to do your taxes to find an option that fits your needs.
- Date modified: