Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program
Information about the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Program, including what you need to know to claim SR&ED tax incentives.
Services and information
Services and tools
Whether you are a first-time claimant, wondering if you are eligible, or need help to understand the claims process, our SR&ED services and tools can help you.
SR&ED Program service standards
How long will it take to process your claim? The SR&ED Program has service standards to make sure your claim is processed on time.
Information seminars and webinars
Our free information sessions give you an overview of the program, discuss the eligibility criteria and which expenditures qualify, explain how to file an SR&ED claim, and more.
Get information about provincial and territorial government research and development (R&D) programs, as well as other government programs that help promote businesses doing R&D.
SR&ED Program procedures and guidelines
See the review procedures and the guidelines for resolving claimants’ concerns.
Evolution of the SR&ED Program – a historical perspective
The SR&ED Program is a federal tax incentive program that encourages Canadian businesses of all sizes, in all sectors, to do R&D in Canada. Read about how the program has evolved over the years.
What we are doing
- T661 Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Expenditures Claim
- T4088 Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Expenditures Claim – Guide to Form T661
- T2038(IND) Investment Tax Credit (Individuals)
- T2SCH31 Investment Tax Credit – Corporations (2014 and later taxation years)
- RC532 – Request for Administrative Review (PDF, 128 KB)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: