After you file your corporation income tax return
When we receive your return, we send it to Corporation Services of the responsible tax centre for processing.
After we assess the return, we:
- send an email notification that there is mail for you to view in your secure online account, if you registered to get online mail by using the “Manage online mail” service at My Business Account; or
- mail a notice of assessment.
As soon as you view or receive the notice of assessment, compare it to your copy of the corporation's return. Contact us if you need us to clarify or explain any part of the assessment.
- Reassessments – Adjusting your T2 return
When can we reassess your return, requesting reassessments, and prepaying reassessments.
- Re-appropriation of T2 statute-barred credits
Making a formal request for re-appropriation of T2 statute-barred credits, how these requests are processed, and the requirements for processing these requests.
- Authorizing a business representative
Who can be a representative, authorization level, online and written authorization (Form RC59), business taxpayer responsibilities, and managing your account.
- Resolving disputes
Making formal objections, how objections are processed, payment of disputed amounts, and requirements for large corporations.
Forms and publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: