Who can apply
Eligible organizations must host free tax clinics and file income tax returns electronically for clients through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) or through the Income Tax Assistance – Volunteer Program (external link) (ITAVP).
To be eligible for the CVITP Grant, your organization must meet all the following conditions:
- Seniors’ support and recreation centres
- Shelters and support centres
- Family service associations
- Settlement organizations
- Multicultural societies
- Service clubs (for example: Lion’s Club, Royal Canadian Legion)
- Band offices
- Volunteer bureaus
- Post-secondary student groups or associations
- Places of worship
- Federal or Provincial Member of Parliament offices
- Municipal councillor offices
- Non-community or non-volunteer based organizations operating for profit
Verifying your eligibility
The CRA will verify that your organization is eligible to receive the CVITP Grant. Organizations who are found to have intentionally made fraudulent claims in their application, and/or who are found to have been charging for tax clinic services, may have their application withdrawn and participation in the program may be suspended.
If information is missing from your application, we may contact your organization to request additional documentation to complete the process.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: