If you move, let the CRA know your new address as soon as possible.

Keeping your information up-to-date will ensure that you keep getting your GST/HST credit (including those from certain related provincial payments), Canada child benefit payments (including those from certain related provincial or territorial programs), and advanced Canada workers benefit payments you may be entitled to, as well as important correspondence from the CRA. Otherwise, your payments may stop or you may not get important correspondence like your notice of assessment.

Change a personal address


Change your address online now using My Account.

By phone:
Change your address by phone
Before you call

To verify your identity, you will need:

  • your social insurance number (SIN)
  • your full name and date of birth
  • your complete address
  • an assessed return, notice of assessment or reassessment, other tax document, or be signed in to My Account

If you are calling the CRA on behalf of someone else, you must be a legal representative.

Telephone number


Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut: 1-866-426-1527 (toll-free)

Outside Canada and the United States: 1-613-940-8495 (collect)

The CRA only accepts collect calls made through a telephone operator. After your call is accepted by an automated response, you may hear a beep and notice a normal connection delay. This service operates in Eastern Standard Time.

Table 1
Day Hours
Monday to Friday
8 am to 8 pm
Saturday 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday Closed

Closed on public holidays

By mail:
Change your address by mail
  1. Complete Form RC325, Address Change Request
  2. Mail the completed form to the address on the form
Change an address by mail for someone else

You may also change the address of another individual at the same time, such as your spouse or common-law partner. Include a signed letter with your form that contains the individual's:

  • name
  • social insurance number
  • signature


The CRA will not share your change of address or personal information, including direct deposit, with other government departments.

You need to contact each government department or agency to give them your new address, direct deposit or personal information. See Change an address with a different department or agency

Page details

Date modified: