Line 47556 – Other refundable credits

This credit has now received Parliamentary approval. This means that the CRA can now process your 2021 income tax and benefit return if you claimed this credit. If you didn’t claim this credit and need to change your return, this tax tip gives you all the information that you need.

Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farmers Tax Credit

Beginning in 2021, the Government of Canada proposes a new refundable tax credit, the Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farmers Tax Credit. The purpose of this credit is to return a portion of the fuel charge proceeds from the federal carbon pollution pricing system directly to farming businesses in provinces that do not currently have a system that meets the federal requirements. These designated provinces are Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Eligible farming businesses include self-employed farmers and partners in farming partnerships that meet the following conditions:

Completing your tax return

Complete Form T2043, Return of Fuel Charge Proceeds to Farmers Tax Credit, and enter the amount from line 67078 on line 47556 of your return.

Forms and publications

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: