Line 301 - Age amount

Claim this amount if you were 65 years of age or older on December 31, 2018, and your net income (line 236 of your return) is less than $85,863.

If your net income was:

  • $36,976 or less, claim $7,333 on line 301 of Schedule 1, Federal Tax
  • more than $36,976, but less than $85,863, complete the chart for line 301 on the Worksheet for Schedule 1 to calculate your claim.

Enter your date of birth in the "Step 1 - Information about you" area on page 1 of your return.

Remember to claim the corresponding provincial or territorial non-refundable tax credit to which you are entitled, on line 5808 of your provincial or territorial Form 428.


Special rules apply to claims for this amount if you were bankrupt during the tax year or if you immigrate to or emigrate from Canada in the tax year. For information about these rules, contact the CRA.

Tax Tip

You may be able to transfer all or part of your age amount to your spouse or common-law partner or to claim all or part of their age amount. For more information, go to Line 326 - Amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: