Line 32300 – Your tuition, education, and textbook amounts

The federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated in 2017. To see if you are eligible to claim a provincial or territorial amount, go to Income tax package.

To claim your tuition fees you must have received one of the following forms from your educational institution:


Contact your educational institution if you have not received one of these forms.

To claim your tuition fees, you may receive an official tax receipt from your educational institution instead to reflect the amount of eligible tuition fees you have paid for a calendar year.

Using the slip and the links below, you can find out what you can claim and how to make your claim.


If you have eligible tuition fees, and education and textbook amounts from a previous year that were not reported, review How to change a return and obtain a copy of your notice of assessment or reassessment.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Page details

Date modified: