Lines 21699 and 21700 – Business investment loss

If you had a business investment loss in 2022, you may be able to deduct half of the loss from income. The amount of
the loss you can deduct from your income is called your allowable business investment loss (ABIL).


Completing your tax return

Complete Chart 6 of Guide T4037, Capital Gains to determine your ABIL and, if applicable, your business investment loss reduction. Claim the reduction for the ABIL on line 21700 of your income tax and benefit return. Enter the gross business investment loss on line 21699 of your return.

Forms and publications

Related topics

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: