Lines 217 and 228 - Business investment loss

If you had a business investment loss in 2018, you can deduct 1/2 of the loss from income. The amount of loss you can deduct from your income is called your allowable business investment loss (ABIL).



Completing your tax return

Complete Chart 6 of your T4037, Capital Gains guide to determine your ABIL.

On line 228, enter the gross business investment loss from line A of Chart 6.

On line 217, enter your allowable business investment loss from line D of Chart 6.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: