Employment and self-employment income
Find out about reporting income related to employment and self-employment, including commissions, and foreign employment income.
Services and information
- Line 10100 – Employment income
Report your employment income.
- Line 10120 – Commissions
Report commissions you earned from employment.
- Line 10130 – Wage loss replacement contributions
Report wage loss replacement contributions.
- Line 10400 – Other employment income
Report other employment income like research grants, royalties, employee profit sharing plans, and more.
- Line 10400 – Employment income not reported on a T4 slip
Report income like tips, gratuities, or occasional earnings not shown on a T4 slip.
- Line 10400 – Foreign employment income
Report income earned outside Canada from a foreign employer.
- Self-employment income Lines 13500, 13700, 13900, 14100, and 14300 – Net income and lines 13499, 13699, 13899, 14099, and 14299 - Gross income
Report self-employment income or loss from a business, a profession, commission, farming, or fishing.
- All types of income
List of the types of income to report on an income tax and benefit return.
Forms and publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: