Line 11500 - Other pensions and superannuation
Note: Line 11500 was line 115 before tax year 2019.
Most pensions and superannuation are part of your total income and must be reported.
Payments from a pension or superannuation plan are usually shown on these slips:
- T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
- T3, Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations
You may receive other pensions such as:
Specified Pension Plan (SPP)
Report on line 11500 SPP payments shown in box 016 of your T4A slip.
Currently, the Saskatchewan Pension Plan is the only arrangement prescribed to be a specified pension plan.
You may be able to claim the pension income amount depending on the type of pension, annuity, PRPP, RRIF, and SPP payments you received. See line 31400.
You may also be able to make a joint election with your spouse or common-law partner to split your pension, annuity, PRPP, RRIF (including life income fund) and SPP payments you reported on line 11500 if both of the following apply:
- you were both residents of Canada on December 31, 2020 (or were residents of Canada on the date of death)
- neither of you were, because of a breakdown in your marriage or common-law relationship, living separate and apart from each other at the end of the year and for a period of 90 days beginning in the year
To make this election, you and your spouse or common law partner must complete Form T1032, Joint Election to Split Pension Income.
The transferring spouse or common-law partner must still report the full amount on line 11500 of their return, but can claim a deduction for the elected split-pension amount on line 21000 of their return.
If you receive a lump-sum payment, see line 13000.
Completing your tax return
Enter on line 11500 the amount shown in box 016 of your T4A slips and box 31 of your T3 slips.
You may have to report on this line other amounts you received. See other pensions above.
Forms and publications
- Income Tax Package - Guide, return, and schedules
- Form T1032, Joint Election to Split Pension Income
- Interpretation Bulletin IT-397, Amounts Excluded from Income - Statutory Exemptions and Certain Service or RCMP Pensions, Allowances and Compensation
- Interpretation Bulletin IT-499, Superannuation or Pension Benefits
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: