Examples of common transfers

Farm or fishing property

When you sell or transfer farm or fishing property, you may have a capital gain. If you transfer farm or fishing property to your child, spouse or common-law partner or spousal or common-law partner trust, you may be able to postpone any taxable capital gain or recapture of capital cost allowance. For more information on these types of transfers and other rules that apply to farm or fishing property, see the following guides:


You can postpone reporting a capital gain when you transfer property:

For information on transfers to a Canadian corporation, see IC76-19R3, Transfer of Property to a Corporation under section 85.

For information on transfers to a Canadian partnership, see IT-413R, Election by Members of a Partnership under subsection 97(2).

Page details

Date modified: