Representatives for non-resident accounts
To authorize a representative for your non-resident account or to make changes to representative information, you have to sign a letter of authorization and send it to us.
Your letter of authorization has to show:
- your non-resident account number
- your name
- the name of your representative, with his or her address and telephone number
- a statement from you or an authorized officer to let the CRA release your information
For a company, your letter should be on company letterhead, signed by an authorized officer.
To cancel an authorization, you can phone or fax the CRA, or send your request to the Non-Resident Withholding Section in writing.
You cannot use Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative, or Form RC59, Business Consent for Access by telephone and Mail, to authorize or cancel a representative for a non-resident account. Also, representatives cannot use the Represent a Client service for non-resident accounts.
Where to send requests
Send requests to the following address:
Non-Resident Withholding Section
Sudbury Tax Centre
Post Office Box 20000, Station A
Sudbury ON P3A 5C1
Fax requests to: 1-866-765-8460 or 705-677-7712
Enquiries and cancellations
To make an enquiry or to cancel an authorization, call us:
- From Canada and the United States: 1-855-284-5946
- From other parts of the world: 613-940-8499
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: