Services and information
Finding a financial advisor, how advisors are paid and checking if they are registered.
Setting short-term and long-term financial goals.
Common types of investments, risk levels, costs and fees.
Your rights and responsibilities as an investor when dealing with financial institutions.
Registered savings plans for individuals (contributors) and plan administrators.
Scholarships, paying for your education, RESPs, budgeting tips and paying off student debt.
Types of retirement income, saving for retirement, how much money you will need and managing your finances.
Calculate how to pay down your debt and reach your savings goals.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act
- Bank Act
- Registered Products Regulations
- Disclosure of Charges (Banks) Regulations
- Managing Money and Planning for the Future: Key Findings from the 2014 Canadian Financial Capability Survey
- The role of financial literacy in financial decisions and retirement preparedness among seniors and near-seniors
- The link between financial confidence and financial outcomes among working-aged Canadians
- Public Opinion Research to Strengthen Financial Literacy for Seniors
Tools and calculators
Compare and choose financial products that suit your needs and keep track of your budget and financial goals.
Plan for life's changing financial responsibilities and priorities so you can make responsible financial decisions and reach your goals.
Includes workshops, videos and materials to help you increase your financial and personal money management skills and knowledge.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: