Services and information
Finding a financial advisor, how advisors are paid and checking if they are registered.
Setting short-term and long-term financial goals.
Common types of investments, risk levels, costs and fees.
Your rights as an investor in registered savings plans or other investment products.
Registered savings plans for individuals (contributors) and plan administrators.
Scholarships, paying for your education, RESPs, budgeting tips and paying off student debt.
Types of retirement income, saving for retirement, how much money you will need and managing your finances.
Calculate how to pay down your debt and reach your savings goals.
Why you need an emergency fund, how to set it up and tips to use it.
What we are doing
- FCAC reminds regulated institutions to thoroughly investigate unauthorized credit and debit transactions
- Consumer Alert: Managing debt when interest rates rise
- FCAC report: Home equity lines of credit may put consumers at risk
- Consumer Alert: Be cautious when seeking help to pay off debt or repair your credit
- Managing Money and Planning for the Future: Key Findings from the 2014 Canadian Financial Capability Survey
- The role of financial literacy in financial decisions and retirement preparedness among seniors and near-seniors
- The link between financial confidence and financial outcomes among working-aged Canadians
- Public Opinion Research to Strengthen Financial Literacy for Seniors
Tools and calculators
Build your future with the right financial tools.
Plan for life's changing financial responsibilities and priorities so you can make responsible financial decisions and reach your goals.
The high costs of borrowing, what happens if you miss a payment and what to ask a payday lender.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: