Language selection


T4A COVID-19 amounts

Understand which tax slips you need

On this page

T4A slips for COVID-19 amounts

The CRA will provide one T4A slip that includes all the COVID-19 benefit amounts you received from the CRA. Each benefit will have its own box number on your T4A slip.

If you have not received your T4A slip, you can get a copy from CRA My Account, but if not, then call the CRA.

Quebec resident will get both a T4A slip and a RL-1 slip.

Your province or territory will provide separate T4A slips for COVID-19 financial assistance payments.

Adjusted T4A amounts

If the CRA adjusts any of your COVID-19 amounts, you may receive one of the following slips:

Amended T4A

If the CRA adjusts your COVID-19 benefit amounts, you will receive an amended T4A slip for your records:

  • If you still have to file your 2020 tax return - Use the amended T4A slip to report your COVID-19 benefit amounts on your tax return
  • If you already filed your 2020 tax return with your original T4A slip - The CRA will automatically adjust your 2020 tax return with the amended COVID-19 benefit amounts and no further action is required by you
Cancelled T4A

If the CRA verifies that you did not receive any COVID-19 benefits, you will receive a cancelled T4A slip for your records.

If you have already filed your 2020 tax return with COVID-19 benefit amounts from your original T4A slip, the CRA will automatically adjust your tax return.

Other tax slips you may receive

You may get other tax slips in addition to the T4A slip:

T4E slip

If you received CERB from Service Canada, you will get a T4E slip. For details: T4E: Service Canada CERB and EI amounts.

T4 slip

If you received employment income in 2020, you will see new box numbers (57, 58, 59, and 60) at the bottom of your 2020 T4 slip. These boxes are only for CRA use and no action is required by you.

These amounts include employment income paid between March 15 to September 26, 2020, which are already included in box 14 of your T4 slip.

If your employer received the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) to cover part of your wages, it be will be included as regular employment income on your T4 slip.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: