Independent Safe Sport Mechanism — Sport Support Program
The Independent Safe Sport Mechanism component of the Sport Support Program funds a Canadian organization on its own, or in partnership with other organizations, to establish and deliver an independent mechanism to administer the implementation of the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS) for federally funded sport organizations.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- be a federally or provincially incorporated not-for-profit organization
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable
The call for proposals is now closed.
How to apply
- Read the Application Guidelines in their entirety before completing your application
- Submit your proposal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sport Support Program
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0S5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm (ET).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines — Independent Safe Sport Mechanism
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support — Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: