Funding: Foreign Credential Recognition Loans Program - Overview
Deadline: November 24, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST)
The Government of Canada is currently accepting proposals from organizations interested in receiving financial assistance from the Foreign Credential Recognition Program - Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loans.
Please note that Quebec organizations are not eligible to apply for funding.
Note: It is recommended that you read the Call for Proposals (CFP) in its entirety before you start completing your application, as it provides important details on the information and supporting documentation Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) requires to assess your application.
We also suggest that you print or save a copy of this guide, in order to refer to it once this CFP is closed. After November 24, 2017 this guide will no longer be available online.
This is a competitive process and not all applications submitted under this CFP will be selected, as funding is limited and subject to ESDC's yearly budget considerations and allocation of funds by Parliament.
The Government of Canada reserves the right to accept an application for funding in whole or in part and give consideration to factors such as geographic coverage and official language.
Purpose of this Guide
The purpose of this guide is to assist you in completing the FCR Loans funding application. This guide will provide critical information regarding this Call for Proposals (CFP), indicate how best to respond to the questions in the Application for Funding, and provide a list of the supporting documents you will need to submit. An early review of the checklist is suggested to ensure completeness of your application in the required timelines.
If you have enquiries about this CFP process, please send them to the Foreign Credential Recognition Program. Enquiries will be answered between September 29, 2017 and November 10, 2017.
Information regarding this CFP:
Objectives of the Foreign Credential Recognition Program
The objectives of the FCRP are:
- to contribute to developing fair, transparent, consistent, and timely foreign credentialFootnote 1 assessment and recognition capacity;
- to develop and strengthen Canada’s foreign credential assessment and recognition capacity; and
- to contribute to improving labour market integration outcomes of Internationally Trained Individuals (ParticipantsFootnote 2) in targeted occupations and sectors.
The objective of the FCR Loans Program is to provide loansFootnote 3 and support services to participants undertaking FCRFootnote 4 activities to improve success in having their credentials recognized and find employment in their original occupations or related ones.
Objective of this CFP
The objective of this Call For Proposals (CFP) is to invite eligible organizations, outside of Quebec, who are pursuing activities aligned with the FCR Loans Program, to submit proposals for projects that will contribute to the delivery of support services, undertake activities related to managing a loan guarantee fund and enabling the delivery of loans to participants.
The expected outcomes of the FCR Loans Program are:
- Participants have their credentials assessed and recognized; and
- Participants have better employment outcomes.
Under this CFP, projects should demonstrate the following results (outputs):
- Participants served with support services (e.g. one-on-one career and financial counselling) over the course of the project;
- Participants issued loans and served support services over the course of the project; and
- Loans are issued to participants who are women over the course of the project.
Guides and help
- Contact Foreign Credential Recognition Program for help
Related Services and Information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: