Wage Earner Protection Program for trustees or receivers: Submitting the trustee/receiver information form
5. Submitting the trustee/receiver information form
You are strongly encouraged to file the form online to speed up service and minimize processing delays.
Submitting a trustee/receiver information form online
When Service Canada receives the signed copy of the Terms and conditions of use form, a link to the secure site is sent to you via the e-mail address submitted on the Authentication form.
You are responsible for providing a trustee/receiver information form to Service Canada concerning each individual owed eligible wages under a bankruptcy/ receivership. A copy of the information sent to the Service Canada must also be sent to the individual.
Upon completion of the trustee/receiver information form using the online system, trustees/receivers must print a copy for the individual. If trustees/receivers do not print the summary page, there is no way to retrieve this information.
Note: Partially completed forms cannot be saved.
To submit trustee/receiver information forms, visit the secure website and enter the required information:
- Tombstone information:
- Trustee/receiver Information:
- Name, address, trustee license number, name of contact person, telephone number, communication preference (English or French).
- Information about the bankrupt/insolvent business:
- Business or employer name, address, Canada Revenue Agency Business Number, date of employer's bankruptcy (if applicable), Estate ID (is required for both bankruptcies and receiverships), date the employer became subject to a receivership (if applicable).
- Trustee/receiver Information:
- Employee records:
- Name, Social Insurance Number, whether a Proof of claim has been filed, job title, date of termination of employment, payroll reference number, employee status (as an officer, director or manager), previous payments made to the employee and details regarding all owing wages earned during the eligibility period.
If you cannot submit the completed trustee/receiver information form by the 45-day deadline
You must provide the completed trustee/receiver information form to Service Canada within 45 days after the date of the bankruptcy/receivership. Where required, you may request an extension of time by calling the WEPP information line at 1-866-683-6516 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105). An extension may be granted in certain circumstances.
Note: It is strongly recommended that the trustee/receiver request an extension of time rather than submit an incomplete form followed by amended versions when required information is missing.
When to provide an original or amended trustee/receiver information form
An original trustee/receiver information form is required when:
- an individual is owed eligible wages under the WEPP.
An amended trustee/receiver Information Form is required when:
- a trustee/receiver information form submitted contains an error, or the information it contains has changed;
- a dividend payment was issued to an employee who has not yet applied for a WEPP payment.
Original or amended trustee/receiver information forms are not required in cases where:
- there are no amounts owing to the employee for eligible wages;
- the employee has already received from the trustee/receiver an amount greater than or equal to the maximum WEPP payment;
- the employee has already received the maximum WEPP payment amount,
- the employee has already received a WEPP payment, and the subrogated debt has been repaid in full.
Retrieving a trustee/receiver information form
At the present time, you cannot retrieve a trustee/receiver information form once the session is closed. Therefore, you must print the summary page of the form concerning each individual for your records, and send a copy to the individual.
Issues with the WEPP online application
For WEPP enquiries, call the WEPP information line at 1-866-683-6516 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105) or visit a Service Canada Centre.
The hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), Monday to Friday.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: