Application for Refugee Sponsorship
This application is for:
- Sponsorship Agreement Holders and their Constituent Groups who wish to sponsor refugees seeking resettlement. Sponsorship Agreement Holders are religious, ethnic, community or service organizations, which have signed an agreement with the Minister, and are already approved to sponsor refugees.
- Groups of Five or more Canadians or permanent residents who wish to sponsor refugees coming to Canada. A Group of Five must provide a settlement plan and prove that it has the money to sponsor a refugee for one year.
- Community Sponsors who wish to sponsor refugee(s) living outside of Canada.
A Community Sponsor may be:
- An organization,
- An association, or
- A corporation.
It is not necessary that the organization, association or corporation be incorporated under federal or provincial law.
Sponsors living in the province of Quebec should contact the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion.
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Mail your completed application to the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O).
Please note: The principal refugee applicant and his or her family members are required to complete an Application for Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian-Protected Persons Abroad [IMM6000]. The IMM 6000 forms must be submitted together with the sponsorship undertaking to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada centre indicated in the guide.
This application includes:
General information for all applicants
- Refugee Sponsorship Application Guide [IMM 5413]
- Guide 6000 - Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian-Protected Persons Abroad
For all applicants:
- Undertaking/Application to Sponsor [IMM 5373] (PDF, 1.16MB) August 2015
- Sponsor Assessment [IMM 5492] (PDF, 663.73KB) May 2015
- Application for Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian-Protected Persons Abroad [IMM 6000]
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB) October 2017
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19KB) August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39KB) December 2012
- Schedule 2: Refugees Outside Canada [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 2] (PDF, 2.13MB) October 2011
For Sponsorship Agreement Holders and Constituent Groups:
- Settlement Plan — Sponsorship Agreement Holder or Constituent Group [IMM 5440] (PDF, 690.49KB) October 2009
For Groups of Five:
- Settlement Plan — Group of Five [IMM 5373A] (PDF, 1.21MB) March 2017
- Financial Profile — Member of Group of 5 [IMM 5373B] (PDF, 651.28KB) August 2015
For Community Sponsors:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: