Application for permanent residence – Interim Pathway for Caregivers
The interim pathway for caregivers is a dedicated pathway to permanent residence for temporary foreign worker caregivers who came to Canada and may have expected to obtain permanent residence but do not qualify under other caregiver pathways such as the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker pilots.
This pathway is dedicated to caregivers who have:
- language skills of at least a CLB 5 in English or French; and
- 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada since November 30, 2014 in a relevant occupation; and
- a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or non-Canadian educational diploma, certificate or credential that’s equal to a Canadian high school diploma.
If you are unsure if the Interim Pathway for Caregivers is the right pathway for you, check this chart to help you determine which pathway you may be eligible to apply for.
This application package includes:
- Instruction Guide [IMM 0103]
- Document Checklist – Interim Pathway for Caregivers [IMM 0105] (PDF, 3.39 MB)
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB)
- Schedule 18 – Interim Pathway for Caregivers (PDF, 2.26 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB)
- Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) (PDF, 1.76 MB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to help you fill out your application.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down your application.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select "Save Target As…." You can also find out more about downloading files in the Help Centre.
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages:
Click the “Validate” button. This button is at the top and bottom of the form.
Note: Validate the form before you print it. This will help make sure you have answered all the questions. It will help avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- for best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper
- use a laser printer
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist [IMM 0105] (PDF, 3.39MB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: