The test page
This is the page you’ll see when you’re taking the online test.
A. 30-minute timer
The timer will begin as soon as you click “Start the test” button on the previous page. You won’t be able to stop or pause it.
5-minute time warning
If you only have 5 minutes left, the timer will show a warning message of “Time is almost up” in red above the timer.
If you run out of time
If you can’t complete the test after 30 minutes, the system will
- save all of the answers you selected
- automatically submit the test
You’ll also see the following message on your screen:
You've run out of time
- You’ve reached the 30-minute time limit for the online citizenship test.
- Your results have been automatically submitted.
B. “I want to review this answer later” checkbox
This checkbox is available under all answer options. You can only select this checkbox after you choose an answer.
If you select this checkbox
- you’ll mark the question for you to review later, before you submit the test
- the question will show up as “To be reviewed” in the grid and list views of the questions
You can submit your answers without unchecking the review box.
C. “Previous question” and “Next question” buttons
Use the “Previous question” and “Next question” buttons to go to the previous and next questions.
Do not use your browser’s back button to go to a previous question. If you do, you’ll get a warning that you’re about to leave the test.
D. Grid view
The grid view displays buttons that link to all 20 questions.
- All test questions are shown in the grid view.
- You can click a question button to jump to a particular question.
Under the grid, you’ll see how many questions are
- “To be reviewed” (yellow): you’ve marked the question for you to review later
- “Not answered” (grey): you haven’t answered the question
- “Answered” (blue): you answered the question
E. List view
You can also see all questions at a glance by clicking the “List view.”
- It displays all 20 test questions in a list format.
- You can click a link to view a specific question.
The list view also groups the questions by status.
- “Current question:” the question you’re on
- “To be reviewed” you’ve marked the question for you to review later
- “Not answered:” you haven’t answered the question
- “Answered:” you answered the question
F. Switch between the English and French language
To switch, click on the language link at the top right corner of your screen.
- If you do the test in English, clicking “Français” will translate the content to French.
- If you do the test in French, clicking “English” will translate the content to English.
Changing the language during your test will not change your questions or answers.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: