The test result and next steps
You need to get at least 15 out of 20 questions correct to pass the test.
Once you submit the test, the result page will immediately display your score. This score is
- not your official test result
Within your 30-day test period, you also have up to 3 chances to take the test.
- If you fail the first time, you can try again 2 more times to pass.
- To do your second or third test attempt, you must sign in to the online test again.
If you pass the test, we’ll do the following in the upcoming months:
- review and confirm your official test result
- contact you with your next steps
Your test result may be invalid if
- we find or suspect cheating
- you didn’t take a photo of your personal identification (ID)
- a technical issue prevents us from confirming your identity
- For example, if we cannot see you through your webcam.
For more information, find out what to expect after you take the test.
Print or email your test result
At the bottom of the test result page, there are buttons to print and email the result. You should print or email the result for your records. You can’t sign in to view your results again.
Emailing the test result to yourself
After you click the “Email” button, a disclaimer will appear on your screen. You need to agree to the disclaimer to get your test result by email.
We’ll email the result to your or your representative’s email address. This is the same email that you provided to us
- on your citizenship application form
- most recently through the Web form or call centre, or
- if you changed the email address to get the test link
- Date modified: