Pay your passport fee ‒ Canadians in the United States
These fees are for Canadian passport applications mailed to the United States.
|5-year adult passport (age 16 or over)||190|
|10-year adult passport (age 16 or over)||260|
|Child passport (0 to 15 years of age)||100|
Additional fees may apply
You may need to pay extra fees on top of the fees above if you need
- to replace a lost or stolen passport
- other administrative services
In most cases, it takes 20 business days to process a passport application.
If you need a passport urgently or in exceptional circumstances (illness or death in the family), contact the nearest Government of Canada office abroad. Additional fees will apply.
Additional administrative fee for replacing a valid lost or stolen passport
You must pay this fee if you report a passport as lost or stolen and are applying for a replacement. This fee does not include the cost of new passport.
|Certified true copy of one page of a passport (1 to 3 copies)||45|
How to pay your fees
Apply by mail
Fill out the payment section on your application form with any of the following:
- a credit card (Visa®, MasterCard® or American Express®)
- an embossed prepaid card that has raised letters or numbers (Visa®, MasterCard® or American Express®)
- a certified cheque or money order (postal or bank)
- in Canadian funds
- with the exact amount
- made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada”
We don’t accept cash or personal cheques.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: