Find a passport form
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Reduced passport and travel document services
Depending on where you’re applying from, passport services may not be available. Find out what services are available and how to get them.
- Get urgent passport and travel document services in Canada
- Get passport services in the U.S.
- Get passport services outside Canada and the U.S.
- Get urgent special or diplomatic passport services
If you don’t need your travel document urgently, wait until services return to normal.
Canadian passport applications
Only use passport forms from Canada.ca. Forms on third party sites may be out-of-date or unofficial. We may reject your application if you don’t use the latest, official form.
If you have problems opening a form in your internet browser, you need to:
- Use your computer. The forms may not open on mobile devices (iPads, tablets, mobile phones).
- Make sure you have Adobe Reader 10 (or higher) already installed on your computer. If not, download Adobe Reader 10 for free. Adobe has help for solving common issues.
- You must save the file on your computer in a place you can remember.
- Open the file on your computer using Adobe Reader 10 (or higher).
For more help, see our PDF application forms instructions in the Passport Help Centre.
The term “mother’s maiden name” may not apply to everyone. If this term does not apply to you, until our forms are updated:
- cross out the expression on the form and write “Parent’s surname at birth”;
- fill in the field with the surname (last name) at birth of one parent;
- write your initials in the margin.
If you are applying in Canada
- Adult passport application [PPTC 153] (PDF, 421.64KB)
- Adult renewal application [PPTC 054] (PDF, 640.2KB)
- Child passport application [PPTC 155] (PDF, 444.53KB)
- Additional information for children in foster care and children undergoing an adoption process
If you are applying from the United States
If you live in Bermuda, American Samoa, the Midway Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, use the forms for those applying from the United States.
Use of a passport holder guarantor:
Use of a professional guarantor:
If you are applying from outside Canada and the United States
Travel document applications for stateless and protected persons in Canada
Forms to support your application
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship [PPTC 001] (PDF, 161.43KB)
- Request - Sex or gender identifier - Adult 16 years or older [pptc 643] (PDF, 1 MB)
- Request - Sex or gender identifier – Child under 16 years old [pptc 644] (PDF, 1 MB)
- Declaration concerning a lost, stolen, inaccessible, damaged or found Canadian travel document [PPTC 203] (PDF, 120.09KB)
- Credit card payment authorization (inside Canada and the US) [PPTC 084] (PDF, 91.22KB)
- Additional information – address and occupation [PPTC 056] (PDF, 1.11MB)
- Additional information – documents to support identity and references [PPTC 057] (PDF, 1.11MB)
Request for a certified true copy of your travel document
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: