Tell us you want to sponsor your parents and grandparents
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring your parents and grandparents.
The online submission form to show your interest is available for the time period:
- starting at noon EST on January 2, 2018, and
- ending at noon EST on February 1, 2018.
The online submission form will be unavailable from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Sunday, January 21, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.
To access the interest to sponsor form, answer these questions:
If you are selected to apply, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents. You can’t use your invitation to become a co-signer for your spouse or partner’s parents and grandparents. Find out more.
Before you submit an interest to sponsor form, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements to sponsor.
Note: No immigration decision will be made based on the information you provide in the interest to sponsor form.
After you submit the interest to sponsor form
After February 1, we’ll review the submissions and remove duplicate entries. We’ll randomly select and invite potential sponsors to apply to sponsor their parents and grandparents.
If you’re invited to apply
- You have until the deadline specified in your invitation to send us your complete application package.
- If you don’t send us your application by the specified deadline, you won’t be able to apply again this year.
If you’re not invited to apply
- You’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parents and grandparents again in 2019.
- If you want your parents or grandparents to visit you in Canada for an extended period of time, you also have the option to apply for a super visa.
If you didn’t receive an email
- Make sure to check the same email account you used on the submission form.
- Check the junk mail folder to see if your email from us is there.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: