Prepare to work in Canada

How to get your credentials assessed, improve your English and French and get help finding a job.

Services and information

Get your credentials assessed

What to do if you are immigrating as a skilled worker, working in a certain profession or trade or studying

Improve your English and French

Improve your language skills for work and find out how to register for language classes and language tests

Get help finding a job

Find jobs, apply, build your resume, access bridging programs and get mentorship, financial support and child care

Social Insurance Number

Tools and information on how to apply for a social insurance number (SIN), replace your card, or amend your SIN record

Apply for the Federal Internship for Newcomers Program

Who is eligible, how to register and what to expect after you apply


Questions about working in Canada?

Find quick and direct answers to your questions about working in Canada, including what you need to qualify for a permit, extending an existing permit, and how long your application might take.

Page details

Date modified: