Immigrate through the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot: Complete your application for the EMPP
Step 1: Get ready to apply
Before you start your Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot (EMPP) application, make sure you have already completed an application for one of the economic immigration programs:
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
You must include this application when you submit your application for the EMPP.
Read the instruction guide (IMM 0139) to find out how to complete your EMPP application.
Step 2: Get your checklist and forms
Use this checklist to make sure you include all the forms and documents you need.
Form for you to fill out
Step 3: Complete your form
Use the instruction guide (IMM 0139) to fill out your form.
Complete the forms on your computer instead of by hand. It’s easier and reduces mistakes that can cause delays.
Step 4: Submit your application
You must submit both of these applications together:
- your economic immigration program application
- your EMPP application
You’ll email both applications to us.
Prepare your forms and documents
Make sure your documents are in the right format
All forms and documents must be in PDF format. Photos can be in JPEG format.
Each file must be less than 5 MB in size. We don’t accept compressed files. Find out how to reduce the size of each document, if they’re too big.
Save your documents under specific names
- Save your EMPP Document checklist as: [Principal applicant’s family name, first name] – IMM 0137 – Document Checklist EMPP
- Save your EMPP Schedule 20 form as: [Principal applicant’s family name, first name] – IMM 0138 – SCH20
- Save your Refugee Status Determination, registered or recorded asylum seeker document, or “person of concern” letter as: [Principal applicant’s family name, first name] – Refugee Status
Send your email
- Attach all of your forms and supporting documents to your email. It must be less than 10 MB in size. If it’s over 10 MB, we won’t receive it. Find out how to reduce the size of each document, if they’re too big. If your email is still over 10 MB, send the attachments in 2 or more emails, as necessary.
Enter this as your email subject: EMPP application for [principal applicant’s family name, first name].
If you have to send more than 1 email because of the size of your attachments, include the total number of emails in the subject line. For example: Part 1 of 2 – EMPP application for [principal applicant’s family name, first name].
- Send your email to: IRCC.INEMPP-PVAMERI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
You should get an auto-reply email within 48 hours of submitting your application. Make sure you save this email for your records. If you don’t get the auto-reply, email us again to ask if we received your application. You don’t need to send your application more than once, unless we ask you to.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: