Find out what document you need to travel, visit family and friends, do business, or transit through Canada, and how to extend your stay.
Additional changes to entry, testing and quarantine requirements in response to the Omicron variant
There are temporary changes for all travellers, including Canadian citizens, regardless of their vaccination status.
Additional restrictions and requirements now apply to these countries:
- Botswana, Egypt, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Changes to border measures
New border measures include
- rules for re-entering Canada, if leaving for 72 hours or less
- who is considered fully vaccinated
- rules for travelling within Canada
Starting January 15, 2022, there will be new rules for who can enter Canada as an unvaccinated or partially vaccinated traveller.
New instructions for visitor visa applicants now available
New instructions are now available for those who
- want to apply for a visitor visa
- submitted an application for a visitor visa before September 7, 2021
Foreign nationals can travel to Canada as visitors only if they’re eligible.
It costs $100 CAD to apply for a visitor visa and $85 CAD for your biometrics fee.
A family member or a trusted friend can help you with your application as an unpaid representative.
If you give an immigration agent (consultant, lawyer or Quebec notary) money for their services, they’re considered a paid representative and must be authorized.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: