Visitor visa: How to apply on paper
For people affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine
You can apply for the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET) to come to Canada temporarily, if you’re
- a Ukrainian national
- a family member of a Ukrainian national
Apply only if you’re eligible to travel to Canada right now
- We strongly encourage you to wait until you’re eligible to travel to Canada before you submit a visitor visa application. Find out if you can enter Canada.
- Travel restrictions are in place across all border crossings.
- We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application.
- If you already submitted an application for a visitor visa and are eligible to travel, see the instructions for visitor visa applicants.
If you need a visitor visa to travel to Canada, you must apply online for one.
Only online applications will be accepted and processed. However, you can apply on paper if:
- you can’t apply online because of a disability, or
- you’re travelling with an identity or travel document that was issued to a refugee, a stateless person or a non-citizen.
Get the application package
The application package includes an instruction guide and all the forms you need to fill out.
Read the guide carefully before you complete your application. We will not refund your application fee, so make sure you need a visitor visa before you apply.
Each individual applicant must submit a completed application form. Applicants under the age of 18 must have this form signed by a parent or a guardian.
Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees will include processing fees for you and anyone you include on your application.
If you’re applying for the first time, you must pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application (unless you’re exempt). Otherwise, you may experience delays.
Depending on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for:
Our instruction guides (opens in a new tab) can help you understand which fees apply to you.
Submit your application
Families should send their individual applications in one package. The principal applicant must send this combined package to the location where their application will be processed.
If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you’re applying on paper, submit your application in person. VAC staff will check that it is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: