Visitor visa: How to apply
How to apply
You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.
You need to give your biometrics
In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply. Find out where biometrics fits in the application process.
Why you should apply online
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – we get your application instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until we ask for it.
- Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Who can’t apply online for a visitor visa
- alien’s passport for stateless persons
- other refugee travel document for non-citizens
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: