Visitor visa: How to apply
New applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online
At this time, if you’re applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit, apply online.
Due to service disruptions related to COVID-19, we are experiencing difficulties receiving and processing applications submitted by mail or in person at a VAC.
How to apply
You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.
You need to give your biometrics
In most cases, you now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) after you apply. Find out where biometrics fits in the application process.
Why you should apply online
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – we get your application instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until we ask for it.
- Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Who can’t apply online for a visitor visa
Please take a few moments to rate your experience with this page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: