Extend or change the conditions on your work permit: Who can apply

Special measures for Iranian temporary residents in Canada

If you’re an Iranian temporary resident in Canada, you can apply to extend your stay in Canada for free by applying to

  • extend your current temporary status
  • change your temporary resident status

Learn more about the special measures.

Who can apply

This application is for you if you

If you don’t have a work permit but want to work in Canada temporarily, find out what you need to do.

Employer-specific work permits

You need to apply to extend or change the conditions of your work permit if:

You can’t start working at a different job or for a new employer until you get your work permit with the new conditions.

Open work permits

If you have an open work permit, you may be able to extend it as long as you’re still eligible to work in Canada with an open work permit.

Page details

Date modified: