Programs and services available to families in transition
The Veteran Family Program
The Veteran Family Program (VFP), funded by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), is now available at 32 Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs) across Canada. Since 1 April 2018, the MFRCs have offered support to medically releasing Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members, veterans that were medically released, and their families.
Find out more about how VFP Transition Programs support military members and their families’ transition to post-service life. You can also consult the VFP Frequently asked questions.
How to access these resources?
- To reach out to a VPF Coordinatorat one of the 32 MFRCs go to the CFMWS website (previously CAFconnection) and ‘select your community’ at the top right hand side of the webpage.
- Family Information Line:
- Phone: 1-800-866-4546
- E-mail: FIL-LIF@cfmws.com
- Visit CFMWS.ca
Veterans Affairs Canada Programs and Services
- VAC services and information for the families of CAF members and Veterans.
- VAC Transition to Civilian Life
- Visit the Military Benefits Browser for additional information on benefits and services to which you may be entitled. Should you have questions, contact our office.
We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-828-3626
- Submit a question or complaint through our secure online form
- Live chat with an agent 8 am to 5 pm ET Monday to Friday
- Book a phone call with an agent
- Email an agent for information or assistance
- Email for general office inquiries
- Email media relations
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street 12th Floor
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: