How to register as a victim

Registration is not automatic. Victims wishing to receive information must first register with either the Parole Board of Canada (PBC) or the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) – known as a victim notification request. This is to respect those victims who do not wish to receive information about the offender who harmed them.

To register, complete a Request for Victim Registration - Application Form. Because the PBC and CSC jointly coordinate their victim services, victims can submit their completed form to either organization.

You can also name a representative or agent to act on your behalf. Just send us a written notice authorizing the representative or agent.

What happens once I register to receive information from the PBC?

Once you have been registered, you will receive a confirmation letter from either the PBC or CSC, depending on which organization you registered with.

You will then receive information about the offender for as long as they are under the PBC's jurisdiction, or until you ask to no longer be notified.

If you change address or telephone number(s), make sure that you update your contact information with the PBC.

Page details

Date modified: