Entering Canada by land during COVID-19
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Date published: 2021-02-12
Testing on arrival and during quarantine is effective as of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET.
Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties or imprisonment.
Before you travel
- Get informed.
- Plan for your quarantine.
- Get a COVID-19 molecular test, taken in the U.S., within 72 hours before arrival at the border.
- Use ArriveCAN to enter your information.
- Have your ArriveCAN receipt and test result ready.
- If you develop symptoms while in transit, stop and seek medical attention.
At the border
- Wear a mask.
- Answer eligibility and health screening questions, including quarantine plans.
- Provide required information and documents.
- Take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival.
- Collect a test kit for use later during your quarantine.
If you have symptoms or an unsuitable quarantine plan, your stay will be at a designated quarantine facility or other suitable location.
- Go directly to your place of quarantine or isolation.
- Complete the test kit as instructed during your quarantine.
- Use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to check-in the day after you enter Canada and to report symptoms daily.
You will be contacted by Government of Canada and provincial or territorial officials.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: