Entering Canada by air during COVID-19
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Date published: 2021-02-12
Testing on arrival and during quarantine is effective as of February 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET.
Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes screening at the border and mandatory quarantine or isolation for 14 days. Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties or imprisonment.
Before departure and in transit
Plan in advance:
- get informed
- plan for your quarantine
- book your hotel for a 3-night stay upon arrival
- get a COVID-19 molecular test 72 hours before your scheduled flight
- use ArriveCAN to enter your information
- have your ArriveCAN receipt and test result ready
- wear a mask
- if symptoms develop, tell your flight attendant immediately
Upon arrival to Canada
- Wear a mask.
- Answer eligibility and health screening questions, including quarantine plans.
- Provide required information and documents.
- Take a COVID-19 molecular test.
- Collect a test kit for use later during your quarantine.
If you have symptoms or an unsuitable quarantine plan, your stay and arrival test will be at a designated quarantine facility.
Go to your pre-booked hotel to await results of your arrival test.
- continue on to your place of quarantine
- complete your test kit as instructed
- relocate to a designated quarantine facility or other suitable place of quarantine
- follow instructions as provided
Use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to check-in the day after you enter Canada and to report symptoms daily.
You will be contacted by Government of Canada and provincial or territorial officials.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: