Entering Canada by air during COVID-19
Flights from India and Pakistan
As of April 22, 2021, at 11:30 pm ET, Canada is suspending flights from India and Pakistan. Travel restrictions may change with little warning.
Organization: Public Health Agency of Canada
Date published: 2021-04-23
Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes screening at the border and mandatory quarantine or isolation for 14 days. Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties or imprisonment. If you develop symptoms at any time, isolate yourself from others and contact local public health.
- Plan your quarantine.
- Pre-book your hotel for a 3-night stay upon arrival.
- Take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours before your scheduled flight.
- Register for your arrival test in advance to save time at the airport.
- Use ArriveCAN to enter your information.
- Have your ArriveCAN receipt and test result ready.
Upon arrival to Canada
- Provide required information and documents. Answer all eligibility and health screening questions.
- Complete a COVID-19 molecular test.
- Collect a test kit for use on Day 8 of your quarantineFootnote 1.
If you have symptoms or an unsuitable quarantine plan, you will be directed to a designated quarantine facility.
If your arrival test is negative:
- check out of the hotel and go directly to your place of quarantine
- complete and ship the Day 8 test kit according to the instructions
- you will be directed to a designated quarantine facility or other suitable location
- your 14-day quarantine period begins again from the time you took your positive test
Use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to check-in the day after you enter Canada and to report symptoms daily.
You will be contacted by Government of Canada and provincial or territorial officials.
- Footnote 1
Note: Day 8 testing differs for some travellers to Alberta. Follow the instructions provided at the border.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: