COVID-19 rapid testing and screening in workplaces: Get free rapid tests
The Government of Canada will continue to accept new applications for direct delivery of rapid tests from organizations of 200 employees and more until July 29, 2022. The following information outlines how to access rapid tests through other distribution channels.
If you are looking for rapid tests for your personal use, refer to where and how to get rapid tests.
The Government of Canada, some provincial/territorial governments and distribution partners are providing free rapid COVID-19 tests to organizations. These tests are to be used for workplace testing and screening of employees working on-site.
Businesses and not-for-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
Before you start
You’ll need the:
- name of your organization
- point of contact for your organization
- number of employees you employ in Canada
- provinces and/or territories in which these employees work
Please complete the following form to express your organization’s interest.
What you should know
Based on your organization’s location and number of employees, we will direct you to the most suitable source of rapid tests:
Organizations with 200 or more employees:
- directly from the federal government until July 29, 2022.
If you’re receiving free rapid tests and have questions about usage reporting, please contact email@example.com
Organizations with less than 200 employees:
- through a provincial/territorial government
- via distribution partners, including participating:
- pharmacies in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario
- chambers of commerce in Quebec, Ontario and New Brunswick
Registered charities or non-profit organizations:
- The Canadian Red Cross offers a COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program for Community Organizations. It is available in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, or Saskatchewan.
All eligible organizations must agree to the following conditions:
- keep rapid tests and not resell them
- limit use to within Canada
- screen employees who are working on-site according to the guidelines provided by relevant provincial and territorial governments
- demonstrate they are using these tests before further supplies are provided
- collect and report on usage
- COVID-19 testing, screening and contact tracing
- Testing devices for COVID-19
- How businesses and employees can stay safe while operating during COVID-19
- Rapid testing in the workplace: Information for employees (infographic)
- Workplace screening success stories
Thank you for your feedback
- Date modified: