About the workplace COVID-19 rapid antigen test initiative: Small and medium-sized organizations
On this page
Who is eligible
You may be eligible to receive rapid tests from pharmacies or participating chambers of commerce if you:
- are an incorporated business
- 199 or fewer employees
- are in an organization that is currently open under provincial and territorial guidelines
Picking up rapid test kits from a pharmacy
Review the list of participating pharmacies.
Please call the pharmacy before going in to make sure they have kits ready for pick-up and to reserve your kits. Test availability will depend on remaining stock at pharmacies.
Test kits are provided free by the Government of Canada. However, pharmacies may charge up to $14 per kit as a handling and training fee.
Please follow provincial and territorial guidelines for workplace screening programs.
Provinces that have guidelines:
- British Columbia
Please note that there will be no reporting requirements for test usage after November 30, 2022.
From chambers of commerce or provincial or territorial governmentIf you received test kits from your provincial or territorial government or a chamber of commerce, please contact them directly to get more.
If you need help, you may speak to your pharmacist or contact us at:
- COVID-19 screening for workplaces: Pharmacies distributing rapid tests to small and medium organizations
- StaySafe rapid antigen screening program
- COVID-19 rapid testing and screening in workplaces
- Rapid testing in the workplace: Information for employees (infographic)
- How businesses and employees can stay safe while operating during COVID-19
- COVID-19 testing, screening and contact tracing
- Workplace screening success stories
- CCOHS guidance on rapid testing in the workplace
- CCOHS infographic: COVID-19 rapid testing in the workplace
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: