COVID-19 rapid testing and screening in workplaces: What employers should know
If you are looking for rapid tests for your personal use, refer to where and how to get tested.
On this page
Benefits of rapid testing
COVID-19 rapid tests are important screening tools to help you protect your employees, customers, their families and the community where they live.
Not everyone who has COVID-19 will show symptoms. Studies suggest that people without symptoms may cause up to 50% of COVID-19 transmission. You can help reduce the risk of outbreaks by regularly testing and screening your employees.
Regular rapid testing provides an extra layer of defence against the spread of the virus. Along with public health measures such as frequent handwashing, physical distancing, wearing a mask and vaccination, workplace screening will help to:
- slow the spread of COVID-19
- keep your employees, their families and your community safe
- safely reopen the economy
To ensure workers have quick and easy access to COVID-19 rapid tests, some provincial and territorial governments and participating distribution partners, with the Government of Canada's support, are providing them to organizations.
COVID-19 rapid tests are fast, easy and safe. They provide results in 15 minutes.
Learn more about how to get rapid tests.
Infographic for employees
Share with your employees to help them understand:
- why they should participate in workplace testing
- how rapid tests work
- what to expect after testing
- COVID-19 screening for workplaces: Pharmacies distributing rapid tests to small and medium organizations
- List of manufacturers of authorized COVID-19 tests in Canada
- How business and employees can stay safe while operating during COVID-19
- Authorized testing devices for COVID-19
- Off-label advertising and sale of rapid tests under workplace screening program: Interim enforcement approach
- COVID-19 testing, screening and contact tracing
- CCOHS Infographic: COVID-19 rapid testing in the workplace
- Workplace screening success stories
- Date modified: