Centre for Immunization and Respiratory Infectious Diseases (CIRID)
Our mandate is to prevent, reduce or eliminate vaccine-preventable and infectious respiratory diseases; reduce the negative impact of emerging and re-emerging respiratory infections, and maintain public and professional confidence in immunization programs in Canada. This is carried out in collaboration with the provinces and territories, other federal departments, and other national and international stakeholders.
- Continue implementing the National Immunization Strategy (NIS) and its key components and activities in collaboration with the provinces, territories and other stakeholders.
- Strengthen Canada’s ability to manage and respond to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases and respiratory infections, including pandemic influenza.
- Strengthen international collaboration on disease prevention and control and immunization programs.
- Canadian Immunization Guide
- Canadian Immunization Research Network (CIRN)
- Immunization Competencies
- Vaccination coverage
- Immunization Schedules
- Influenza surveillance
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- National Immunization Strategy
- Travel Vaccines
- Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- Vaccine Safety
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: