Canadian Immunization Guide
- The CIG has not been updated to contain information regarding COVID-19 vaccines. For this information, refer to the NACI statement Recommendations on the use of COVID-19 vaccine(s).
- Interim guidance on continuity of immunization programs during the COVID-19 pandemic is now available.
The Canadian Immunization Guide is a comprehensive resource on immunization. It was developed based on recommendations and statements of expert advisory committees, including the:
Who this guide is for
This guide was developed for those with an interest in immunization, including:
- health professionals
- vaccine program decision makers
- other Canadian stakeholders
In this guide
This guide consists of 54 chapters organized into 5 parts. Chapters are updated as new evidence becomes available, and NACI and CATMAT statements are completed. Email updates are available through our mailing list.
- Part 1: Key immunization information
- Part 2: Vaccine safety
- Part 3: Vaccination of specific populations
- Part 4: Active vaccines
- Part 5: Passive immunization
Details and history
If you have any comments or questions regarding the Canadian Immunization Guide, contact the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). PHAC does not provide medical advice regarding individuals or cases.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: