CRA’s Northern Service Centres
CRA employees based in the Northern Service Centres will provide a year-round presence to support individuals and businesses in the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Two employees in each Northern Service Centre to support increased outreach and Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) activities in the Territories.
- One employee in each Northern Service Centre to focus on extending Liaison Officer capacity with on-site business visits and seminars adapted to include specific issues related to operating a business in the north.
In addition to providing these services in the territorial capitals, employees will travel extensively throughout the Territories to provide these services to individuals and businesses in communities.
In the Northern Service Centres, outreach and Liaison officers will be available to support taxpayers that have questions and will deliver seminars throughout the Territories to increase the awareness of benefits and credits, expand the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), and help businesses meet their tax obligations.
Locations and enquiries
|City||Address||Hours of operation||Access point|
|Whitehorse||Elijah Smith Building
300 Main Street
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2B5
|8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.||The NSC can be accessed through Service Canada located on the ground floor.|
5101 Franklin Ave
Yellowknife, NT X1A 3Z4
|8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.||The NSC can be accessed through the Service Canada lobby on the ground floor.|
933 Mivvik Street
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
|8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
|The NSC can be accessed through Service Canada, located on the main floor. Services available in Inuktitut.|
Individual tax and benefit enquiries – This is a dedicated phone line available only to residents of Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut (with the 867 area code) for individual tax enquiries.
Business enquiries – This is a dedicated phone line available only to residents of Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut (with the 867 area code) for business-related tax enquiries.
- Track how the CRA is helping northern residents
- Northern service improvement strategy
- Dedicated phone lines to reach CRA employees familiar with northern tax issues
- Request a visit from a Liaison Officer
- Request a visit from an Outreach Officer
- Book a CVITP clinic
- How to claim the northern residents deduction
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: